It’s a big month for awesome events at Yelp HQ! Of special interest to those wondering how Yelp uses Hadoop is the Hadoop User Group on the 19th. I’ll be presenting on where Hadoop fits into our Big Data stack. Unfortunately, Hadoop isn’t quite pixie dust you can sprinkle on data and transmorph it into insights. To get the most of the system, we’re careful what we feed in, how we schedule jobs, and what we do with the results. Please RSVP to join me for a great discussion!
Other meetups this month include the always diverse and interesting Designers + Geeks, Python, and Data Science groups. For those of you working hard at Developer Week, take a load off and refuel at Yelp's free official after party - food, drinks, and shenanigans guaranteed. See you at Yelp!
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014- 6:15PM- Web, Data and Best Practices (SF Python Meetup Group)
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014- 6:30PM- Reboot at Yelp (Developer Week After Party)
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014- 6:30PM- Oh Hadoop, Where Art Thou? (San Francisco Hadoop User Group)
- Thursday, February 20, 2014- 6:30PM- Music’s Visual Future (Designers + Geeks)
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014- 6:30PM- Open Source Data Science Education with Open DST, MatterMark, and Udacity (SF Data Science Meetup)